The Williston Public School District #1 Counseling Program is dedicated to the education of the whole individual—intellectually, socially, emotionally, culturally, and physically. Together, we share the responsibility of helping each individual reach his or her potential as a lifelong learner and a contributing citizen for tomorrow's world.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in success.
- All students can achieve and deserve equitable access to resources, curriculum, and career exploration.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates, and collaborators who create self-directed personal growth for all students.
- All students have access to a comprehensive school counseling program that is supported by stakeholders and is planned, managed, delivered, and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Students with 10+ absences the previous school year will have 8 or fewer absences this school year.
- Increase knowledge of Career Clusters in Grades 4-6 Increase career awareness in Grades K-3.
- Increase knowledge of Williston Public School District #1 Bullying Policy and its implementation for students, parents, and staff.
About the Counselor
I started my school counseling career at my school in Devils Lake and two years later, the oil boom brought my husband and I back to Williston. I accepted a job as a school counselor at my old elementary school, Lewis and Clark. I was so excited to work with my previous teachers and work with a community in which I grew up.
A lot has changed in Williston since I returned, but I love the fast pace, new faces, and the changing demands of the day to day job. Some of my duties as an elementary school counselor are to teach guidance lessons that reinforce social skills, work with individuals or groups of students, collaborate with parents and teachers, organize special weeks like Red Ribbon Week, or Kindness Week, participate on RTI teams and Safe and Civil Teams, and most of all make a positive difference with kids!
Fun Fact: I love planning student events like Math Night or Family Fun Night because I am a kid at heart and have just as much fun attending and participating as the kids do!